- Posted by Annette Boardman
- On September 9, 2019
- 0 Comments
Hampshire County Development Authority
Regular Session Board Meeting
June 19, 2019
Present: Greg Bohrer, Len McMaster, Eileen Johnson, Robert Hott, David Mayfield, Dan Hileman, Beverly Keadle, David Mayfield, Mark Gandolfi, Allison Jewell, Jerry Dickey, Annette Boardman
Excused: Jason Hicks, Rebecca Hott
Guests: Travis Delaplain, CEO FNB Bank, Mark Landis, COO FNB Bank, Jim Linsenmeyer with WV Development Office, Keith McIntosh with Senator Manchin’s Office, Robert Milne PE and Shawn Kelly with The Thrasher Group, JC Kunkle & Associates available by conference
The meeting was called to order by President Greg Bohrer at 10:00 AM and announced a quorum was present. Len McMaster moved to approve the agenda as presented seconded by Robert Hott. Motion carried.
Guests from Thrasher Engineering presented proposed design plans and preliminary expense report for the Industrial Access Road within the Capon Bridge Technology Park. They presented two options of construction plans and related expenses for the Access Road. From the day construction starts it is estimated to take 75 days for completion. There is an option to have WVDOH oversee the project or have Thrasher oversee it. The Board’s questions regarding expenses and design were addressed. There will be a presentation later today by Thrasher involving stake holders of new businesses that are coming into CBTP to ensure all parties understand the location for the access road and boundaries of lots purchased. The existing Service Agreement with Thrasher is in place and would be used for this project.
Secretary’s Report – President Bohrer asked the Board to review the Board Meeting minutes for the Regular Board Meeting on 5/22/19. A motion was made by Len McMaster to approve the meeting minutes as presented, seconded by David Mayfield. Motion carried.
Treasurer’s Report – David Mayfield, Chair, presented a draft of the FY20 Budget and April financials for review. A brief discussion took place regarding negative variances. Eileen Johnson stated the operating variance would likely be reconciled next month when the available funds from county commission will be evident and shifts in surplus of income accounts would be adjusted. Len McMaster moved to accept the April financials as presented seconded by Dan Hileman. Motion Carried. A brief discussion took place regarding the FY20 Budget. David presented a draft of the revised format of the FY20 budget. Board reviewed the new addition of the detailed line items for the CBTP and Multi-Tennant accounts that will be included in the FY20 Budget format.
Marketing Committee – Committee did not meet will provide update at next Board Meeting.
Personnel Committee – Beverly Keadle, Chair, stated there would be a need for board approval of the personnel budget, however a discussion would be needed in Executive Session due to confidentiality of Personnel records.
President’s Report- President Bohrer referred to Eileen Johnson to give her report.
Executive Director’s Activity Report & Update
Eileen Johnson presented her activity report and updated the board on specific items such as the Industrial Access Road project expense and the FY20 Budget. After meeting with the finance chair, some revisions to the format of the budget were made. Clarifications on the carry over budget line item was noted. A budget for Multi Tennant and The Capon Bridge Tech Park was created and an outline of the expected expenses and revenue was included in the new FY20 Budget format. Detail FY20 budgets were provided to the Board. Director Johnson advised board that accounting recommended that the hospital property currently remain in the FY20 operating budget; reporting that the property sustained undetermined damages over the winter and will require assessment for consideration of future use. County Clerk is in process of providing the HCDA with a building access key so that a site visit and assessment can be scheduled. With no further discussion President Bohrer moved to address Old Business.
- Director Johnson addressed the HCDA funding commitment of $250K for Capon Bridge Sewer Improvement Project. Johnson reported that she met with accounting to discuss funding options: cash out CDs as planned, or secure low interest interim financing. Accounting recommended to use the current resources as planned which would cash out the CBTP and Revolving Loan CDs. These funds compounded with the reimbursement and interest from the CHPSD loan will cover the required commitment. Director Johnson asked the Board for permission to cash out the two CDs held at FNB Bank. Robert Hott moved to proceed with cashing out the CBTP CD and the Revolving Loan CD and Len McMaster seconded. Motion Carried. Director Johnson also reported that accounting confirmed that funds from the Revolving Loan do not require repayment, but will prohibit ability of the HCDA to assist utilities in future infrastructure projects unless fund is restored. With no further discussion President Bohrer moved to discuss New business items.
- Resolution: Authorization to engage the services of The Thrasher Group for professional engineering services associated for the preliminary construction costs for the proposed Industrial Access Road application within the Capon Bridge Technology Park. Robert Hott moved to sign the Resolution and Dan Hileman seconded. Resolution was signed by President Bohrer and filed in HCDA Board records.
- HCDA FY2019-20 Budget was presented and reviewed. A motion to approve the budget as presented was made by Robert Hott and seconded by Dan Hileman. Motion carried.
- Amendment of the HCDA by-laws presented 05/22/2019 in writing to board for consideration of action.
David Mayfield moved to approve the amendment to the HCDA by-laws as presented in writing to board. Motion Seconded by Len McMaster. Motion carried.
- Establishment of nomination committee for the FY2020 election of Executive Committee officers.
President Bohrer stated there are two volunteers- Len McMaster and Robert Hott for the nominating committee for the FY2020 Election of Executive Committee Officers: Beverly Keadle moved to accept Len McMaster and Robert Hott as nominating committee seconded by David Mayfield. Motion Carried.
President Bohrer stated there was a recommendation to go into an Executive Session to discuss Personnel. No decisions were made during the Executive Session. Executive Session ended and President Bohrer called for a motion to accept the Personnel Budget and changes as presented. David Mayfield made a motion to accepted the Personnel Budget and changes as presented and seconded by Mark Gandolfi. Motion carried.
Communications/ Public Comments
Next HCDA Board Meeting: June 17, 2019 – HCDA Taggart Hall Conference Room-10:00AM
With no further discussion President Bohrer called for the meeting to Adjourn at 11:40AM.