- Posted by Annette Boardman
- On September 9, 2019
- 0 Comments
Hampshire County Development Authority Regular Session Board Meeting Minutes
Present: Greg Bohrer, Len McMaster, Eileen Johnson, Robert Hott, David Mayfield, Rebecca Hott, Dan Hileman, Beverly Keadle, Jason Hicks, Allison Jewell Jerry Dickey, Annette Boardman
Excused: Mark Gandolfi
Guests: State Delegate Ruth Rowan and Tom Rowan, Travis Delaplain, Dan Neff, Chad Story; Representatives for Congressman Alex Mooney
The meeting was called to order by President Greg Bohrer at 10:00 AM and announced a quorum was present. Len McMaster moved to approve the agenda as presented seconded by Robert Hott. Motion carried. Guests Dan Neff and Chad Story from Congressman Alex Mooney’s office presented handouts and information about services available.
Secretary’s Report – Board Meeting minutes for the Regular Board Meeting on 4/17/19 and the HCDA Special Session Board Meeting for Executive Committee held on 05/13/19 were presented. A motion was made by Robert Hott to approve the meeting minutes as presented, seconded by Len McMaster. Motion carried.
Treasurer’s Report – Committee did not meet. March financials were presented and reviewed. David Mayfield moved to accept the financials as presented seconded by Robert Hott. Motion Carried.
Marketing Committee – Rebecca Hott stated the RBP sign was cleaned up and new lettering was added for new businesses. A Quote for a completely new entrance sign for the Romney Business Park was presented. Suggested by board members to contact two other sign companies in order to receive more estimates. The expense for the new sign would come from the multi-Tennant Building Fund. The State will have to approve the sign design before installation. A draft of Marketing materials for the HCDA packet was presented. Committee is obtaining quotes for Folders that will contain the materials and expects to purchase custom folders before the end of this fiscal budget year.
Personnel Committee – Beverly Keadle, Chair stated she would be asking the committee to meet regarding personnel budget. Information will be presented at the next Board Meeting.
President’s Report- President Bohrer stated he met with business prospects with Director Johnson and felt these meetings were beneficial.
Executive Director’s Activity Report & Update
Eileen Johnson presented her activity report and updated the board on the CBP waste water project evaluation by Thrasher. The expense for the evaluation came in lower than originally expected and will be coming off of the 250K Commitment to the larger project. There were some items that required repair. The Manholes were assessed and only one required repair. A complete report is available for board review. The estimated cost to repair the items Thrasher outlined is 30-35K and would be incorporated into the larger project. HCDA Attorney will draft the agreement for the operations agreement between HCDA and Central Hampshire for Board approval. The 900B form required for The EDA application is pending by business prospect. There is a letter of Intent signed by new business expanding to the Capon Bridge Tech Park. The next step is to begin discussions with the state department of Highways about the access road. Confirmation of the new business expansion site plan is needed and engineering services will be obtained and then schedule a survey for where the road would be constructed. There is a new business prospect that has completed site documents and interested in expanding to the Romney Business Park that would be in the cannabis industry. There is another new business prospect referred by new business. They are a manufacturing company targeting customers both private and government. Anticipating production on site and start up with 5-10 employees who would be assemblers. The business wants the ability to expand on site. A future face to face meeting with take place to discuss possible space in the Multi-Tennant building at the Romney Business Park. They desire to be fully operational in January 2020. Director Johnson participated in the job fair for the closure of the Paper Mill. A brief update on the economic impact of the closing on Hampshire County and the local businesses impacted was given. HCDA will be working with the State office to facilitate a round table of business owners impacted. State Delegate Ruth Rowan gave a brief update on the most recent West Virginia State Legislation session. With no further discussion President Bohrer moved to address Old Business.
HCDA funding commitment towards Capon Bridge Sewer Improvement Project. Information was presented on how the 250K would be funded by the HCDA. Director Johnson addressed the resources that will be exhausted and asked the Board to think about borrowing money at a low interest rate in order to keep a reserve and not deplete funds. HCDA does have full resources available at this time.
- FY2020 Personnel Change: Per diem position for janitorial services – Personnel committee is requested to consider adding the janitorial service as a Per Diem employee since he is not currently carrying a business license. There would be no change to salary. Board Member Jason Hicks suggested negotiating with Ft. Mill Ridge who manages the building to fully absorb the Janitorial services as a part of the rental lease agreement. Robert Hott Moved to allow Personnel Committee to pursue this recommendation of Per Diem janitorial service employee. Seconded by David Mayfield. Motion carried.
- Pursue debt collection – A tenant defaulted on their lease and Director Johnson requested to pursue legal actions against the tenant default. David Mayfield moved to approve to Pursue legal actions and seconded by Jason Hicks. Motion carried.
- Written Request to amend HCDA by-laws as presented. A document of the HCDA by-laws highlighting requested changes for board consideration was given to the board. Director Johnson presented recommended changes to Section 11 Members in Attendance. Recommended to add the previously approved change to have joint check signatures for amounts exceeding $1.500. Director Johnson also proposed changes to the section regarding Marketing Committee chair position – to allow a board member to chair the committee not only an Executive Committee Member. Changes presented and will be voted on at the next Board Meeting in June.
President Bohrer asked if an Executive Session was needed. None was required at this time and moved to Communications / Public Comments.
Communications/ Public Comments:
- DRAFT HCDA Budget FY20 was presented. Director Johnson requested that the Finance Committee meet to finalize and present to the Board for approval at the June Board Meeting. Director Johnson highlighted proposed changes to the budget outlining an increase in the LED Grant funding. There is a proposed increase in the capital Outlay expense due to copier replacement and replacement vehicle for HCDA.
- The next HC Infrastructure Committee meeting will be held on August 8, 2019 – HC Health Department at 10:00AM
- Next HCDA Board Meeting: June 19, 2019 – HCDA Taggart Hall Conference Room-10:00AM
With no further discussion President Bohrer called for the meeting to Adjourn at 11:15 AM.