- Posted by Annette Boardman
- On September 19, 2019
- 0 Comments
Hampshire County Development Authority
Board Meeting Minutes
July 17, 2019 – 10:00 AM Taggart Hall
Present: Len McMaster, Eileen Johnson, Robert Hott, David Mayfield, Rebecca Hott, Beverly Keadle, Jason Hicks, Annette Boardman
Excused: Greg Bohrer, Mark Gandolfi, Betsy Plumber, Allison Jewell, Dan Hileman
Guests: Mark Landis, Travis Delaplain, Kevin Sanders- HCSSC and Aaron Cox -HC GiS-BB.
The meeting was called to order by Vice President Len McMaster. Rebecca Hott moved to approve the agenda as presented seconded by Robert Hott. Motion carried.
The installation of a new Board Member took place. Robert Hott swore in Mark Landis as a member of the HCDA Board of Directors. Mark Landis accepted and took the Oath. He received a copy of the Board Manual.
Guest Kevin Sanders gave a brief presentation regarding his request to purchase the corner lot of land within the Romney Business Park for Business expansion purposes of the Hampshire County Special Services that already exists within the park. The new business would employ approximately 12 people and also serve as a training facility for the HC Special Services members. Estimated time to completion upon purchase is two years. A Brief discussion took place regarding the land and the Flood plain, expense of development of the site area as well as the sale price. HCDA to get back to Kevin regarding the final sale price.
Guest Aaron Cox with the Hampshire County GIS gave an update regarding the Broadband expansion within Hampshire County. The RIO Project is expected to be completed in August. Engineering drawings expected to be approved this week for the broadband expansion project. The expansion project will be for wireless and fiber into Hampshire County.
Secretary’s Report –Meeting minutes for HCDA regular Board Meeting on 06/18/19 were presented. A motion was made by Beverly Keadle to approve the meeting minutes as presented, seconded by Robert Hott. Motion carried.
Treasurer’s Report – Finance Committee did not meet. Financial reports for the month of June 2019 were reviewed. A motion was made by Jason Hicks to approve the financials as presented seconded by Robert Hott. Motion carried.
Marketing Committee Report – Marketing Committee did not meet; however, Rebecca Hott presented the new folder designed for marketing purposes that will be used when submitting materials to prospects.
Personnel Committee Report – Beverly Keadle reported that the Janitorial Services contract with Bobby Adams was discontinued as of July 1, 2019. Fort Mill Ridge began a contract with Bobby Adams on July 1, 2019 and will continue to provide Janitorial services, but under the management of Fort Mill Ridge. This will eliminate Janitorial expense for HCDA ongoing and is noted in the upcoming lease renewal with Fort Mill Ridge and HCDA that Fort Mill Ridge will be responsible for Janitorial Services of the space that HCDA Occupies within the building.
President’s Report- President Bohrer was absent, therefore, Vice President Len McMaster moved have the Executive Director present her report and update.
Executive Director’s Activity Report & Update: Director Johnson submitted her activity report outline to the Board with the following highlights given in her update. A tenant is interested in moving into the Romney Business Park and will be touring unit B & C soon. IAR Project update: Application was sent. Development Authority will use funds for design and construction. The estimated funds available are 400K. Lot 7 will be purchased instead of Lot 8 by the new business and they have applied for the WV State Business License and this is moving forward. A Federal EDA Grant Application is in review for the Capon Bridge Sewer Project. Final decision for Grant application anticipated in August. Director Johnson gave an update on the Cannabis Industry and the State Legislation. The Federal Government has de-criminalized Hemp. HCDA has received interested Inquiries from cannabis production companies interested in locating to Hampshire County.
Director Johnson continued to report that currently the tenant leases are under review and expected to execute lease renewals in September for the tenants in the buildings on the old hospital property. Director Johnson will be meeting with the prosecuting attorney regarding Ideal Furniture and their recent lease default to ensure the space can be leased to new business prospects.
Executive Session – no Executive Session required at this time.
- Resolution: to elect the HCDA FY2020 Executive Committee. On behalf of the nominating committed, Robert Hott brought forth a nomination of President – Greg Boher, Vice President – Rebecca Hott, Secretary – Mark Gandolfi, and Treasurer – David Mayfield to the Executive Committee for the HCDA Board of Directors. A motion was made by Jason Hicks to accept the nominations as stated in the Resolution and seconded by Robert Hott. Motion Carried and Resolution was signed.
- A Motion to ratify HCDA Executive Committee Resolution executed on June 27, 2019 regarding submission of WV Industrial Access Road application was made by David Mayfield and seconded by Jason Hicks.
- Romney Business Park – property sale / Kevin Sanders is requesting to purchase the corner lot that is approximately an acre to include a section of the flood plain. Discussion took place regarding a possible price reduction due to expected development expense for flood plain elevations. Jason Hicks proposed obtaining current retail property comps in the area to ensure the pricing was fair market value.
- Romney Business Park – broadband development. Director Johnson stated that Romney Business Park Tenants are asking for fiber to the park. This is also essential for future business prospects to develop in the park. Atlantic Broad Band can bring fiber to the park for 20K. Director to explore grant options. The asset once completed would be transferred to the County Commission. No action needed at this time.
Communications/ Public Comments:
The next HCDA Board Meeting will be held August 21, 2019 in Taggart Hall at 10:00 AM.
With no further discussion, the meeting adjourned at 11:30 AM.